The Dangers and Delights of Diamantina

Waiting in joyful hope (usually) as I discern a possible vocation, religious and/or literary.

segunda-feira, 10 de dezembro de 2007

A Day at Catechism

Today was a fairly typical day. I got up, said Morning Prayer from the Liturgy of the Hours and prepared myself to teach religion in the afternoon after school. My sixth-grade (11-year-old) students are good girls (my class just happens to have four girls this year: last year my class had five boys and one girl), but they have short attention spans and are more interested in playing games. The lesson ended 20 minutes before the end of class, and I allowed my students to play hide-and-seek in the classroom. They seemed happier about that than learning about the Ten Commandments and the wanderings of the Israelites in the desert.

After class, I went to the evening Mass and stayed for the rosary recital. My mother picked me up (unlike most Southern California adults, I do not know how to drive) and took me home.